Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator
A platform for Nepalese entrepreneurs, with tech based products that have proven market potential and strong prospects to reach out to a wider audience and create global impact, as they join change-makers from around the world in pre-mentoring program and international bootcamp at Slush Global Impact Accelerator in Helsinki, Finland.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is a program created in collaboration with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and multiple partners globally. The purpose is to create a leading global program to support startups that are looking to solve some of the most pressing global challenges and contributing to the discussion on impact investing.
SLUSH 2016 Global Impact Accelerator brings impactful entrepreneurs from emerging markets to Helsinki to accelerate their business, attract additional financing and make an even greater impact on their societies and beyond. The program includes online pre-mentoring program and Helsinki boot camp program from November 22–December 2, 2016 culminating in SLUSH.
Today, it is not surprising at all if a technology based product takes the world by storm. We have very good reasons to believe Nepalese tech products can do just that. All we need is the right platform.
Like Slush Global Impact Accelerator Local Competition.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator Local Competition in Nepal connects Nepalese startups/companies to Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator in Helsinki, Finland. Upon selection at Slush Global Impact Accelerator Local Competition, teams will join winners from other local competitions around the world to Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator, in Helsinki. This platform introduces them to the international market while connecting them to investors, startups, partners and media that are eager to know what NEW is happening around the world. Through online pre-mentoring and Helsinki bootcamp program, Slush Global Impact Accelerator introduces the most impactful products from around the world.
- A technology based product that can accompany them to Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator.
- Vision to solve pressing challenges globally (There are no limitations in terms of sector or geographical focus)
- Potential to scale
- Skills and drive to succeed
- A business idea that has gained some traction, but can still be in an early phase
- At least a working prototype
- Can be commercial or non-profit but have to have a scalable business idea.
So far in Nepal, we have had events that encourage tech startups. We are at a phase now where we can move towards the next level where we take these products/services to a bigger platform. Slush Global Impact Accelerator is that platform.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is an opportunity for the companies looking for mentoring, market information or media exposure. Companies can interact directly with the global audience and experts of tech community, through online pre-mentoring and bootcamp program be organized in Helsinki.
- In Nepal, through Global Impact Accelerator Local Competition, you can get an opportunity to be among the 15 most promising products that get to pitch in front of Selection Team in Nepal for final nomination to the Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator.
- Top 3 teams chosen from the 15 will get a chance to be interviewed online by the Final Selection Committee from Helsinki.
- Upon selection by the Final Selection Committee, team(s) will be a Global Impact Accelerator Participant in Helsinki, Finland.
- Online pre-mentoring program organised for all the selected participants
- Helsinki boot camp program from November 22 – December 2, 2016
- Skills workshops and capacity building with the leaders from all around the world
- Industry specific matchmaking sessions co-organised with the leading organisations
- Access to Slush 2016
Transportation, accommodation and other program related costs will be covered by Slush.
- Figaro Financials Pvt Ltd
- Green Growth
- HoneyGuide Private Limited
- I.C.T. For Agri Pvt. Ltd.
- Integrated ICT Pvt. Ltd.
- Kul Techno Lab Pvt. Ltd.
- Lishn Media Tech
- Luniva Tech Pvt. Ltd.
- Marie Stopes Nepal
- Metro Tarkari Pvt. Ltd.
- Sparrow SMS
- Urban Girl, Inc. (P) Ltd.
- Yagiten Pvt. Ltd.
- Online application for the Slush Global Impact Accelerator Local Competition via YoungInnovations.
- Best 15 teams will be selected from the online application process and they will be allowed to pitch face to face at the Slush Global Impact Accelerator Local Competition in Kathmandu.
- Three best teams to be shortlisted from the Local Competition and their names will be presented to the Final Selection Committee from Helsinki.
- All the shortlisted teams will be interviewed online by representatives from the Final Selection Committee.
- Teams selected by Final Selection Committee (1 person per team) will be invited to the program in Helsinki.
*At least one entrepreneur from each Local Competition will be invited to take part in the Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator Program.
Abhaya PoudelFounder Biz Serve Pvt. Ltd.
Abhaya PoudelFounder at Biz Serve Pvt. Ltd.
Abhaya is a Chartered Accountant by profession and founder of Biz Serve Pvt. Ltd. He has over nine years of experience in Business Advisory & Consulting, Auditing & Assurance, Accounting and Taxation and FDI Facilitation related services in Nepal. He holds certification degree in International Taxation and is a Certified Information System Auditor from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has been serving as a mentor in various business accelerator programs in Nepal and running an entrepreneurship development program through Biz Serve Pvt. Ltd.
Megan McgrattanDirector of Operations YoungInnovations
Megan McgrattanDirector of Operations at YoungInnovations
Having started her career as a technology consultant at Google, she went on to run some of the world’s largest Open Data events and consult for governments on the uses for Open Data. Megan then joined the founding team of a now very successful health-tech startup, which won its way into one of Europe’s best Social Impact Accelerators under her leadership.
Niraj KhanalCEO/Co-founder Antarprerana
Niraj KhanalCEO/Co-founder at Antarprerana
Niraj Khanal is a CEO/Co-founder of Antarprerana, a private company that is supporting entrepreneurs of Nepal through investment and mentorship. Antarprerana is promoted by Brihat Group. He is the representative for a Netherlands based group which provides Nepali companies with senior experts in various fields, based on their needs.He also gives guest lectures to MBA’s students on Entrepreneurship. He has also been providing coaching and training for established and aspiring entrepreneurs. Previously, he was associated with foreign asset Management Company where he worked on sourcing entrepreneurs, for investment and facilitated in bringing Foreign Direct Investment.
Sohan Babu KhatriCEO Three H Management
Sohan Babu KhatriCEO at Three H Management
Mr. Sohan Babu Khatri, is a well-known management consultant with experience ranging across the cross-section of industries and sectors in Nepal as corporate business consultant, resource person for trainings and development, researcher and program designer. Having started his career as Civil Engineer, he widened his qualification through MBA in India, with specialization in Finance and Marketing and took it further to specialize in finance and investment through professional certifications namely Certified Financial Manager (India) and Licensed International Financial Analyst, Charterholder (US). As an entrepreneur himself, his experience, among others includes contribution to the entrepreneurial development of youths in various sectors through contribution as a resource person/ mentor in various entrepreneurial and startup boot camps/ accelerator programs plus development/social organizations. He has rendered his consultancy service across the sectors/industries which include agriculture business, hydropower, tourism/hospitality, hospitals, social organizations, banks and financial institutions, information technology to name a few. He has been involved in research supervision, business planning and assessment team of various organizations, including academic institutions.
He has been visiting faculty in various renowned colleges of Nepal and continues to be adjunct faculty of Financial Management, Commercial Banking, Rural Marketing and Agribusiness, Investment Decisions, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and SME Management, Strategic Marketing and related subjects in some of them. As a passionate hobbyist, he is also an artist and has three painting exhibitions under sleeve done on the social issue for social cause to his credit.
Tara Prasad PanthiCo-Founder & Program Manager Daayitwa (Rural Enterprise Accelerator Program)
Tara Prasad PanthiCo-Founder & Program Manager at Daayitwa
Tara is Co‐founder and Program Manager of REAP at Daayitwa. He is also the Manager of Nepal Leadership Academy. He obtained his MSc. in Economics and Business Management degree from Aalto University, Finland and a BA in Economics from Middlebury College, USA. He has worked as a business consultant and entrepreneurship specialist for various startup businesses, social enterprises, and NGOs such as the World Bank and UNICEF in the US, East Africa, Europe, and Nepal.
Announcement of 15 finalists
Pitching and Announcement of Winners
- 1700 startups
- 15000 attendees
- 800 venture capital investors
- 630 journalists
- 100 countries
SLUSH is Europe’s leading startup and technology event, which connects startups and tech talent with top-tier international investors, executives, and media. It is a non-profit event organized by a community of entrepreneurs, investors, students and festival organizers. Although SLUSH has grown from a 300-person event to become one of the leading events of its kind in the world, the philosophy behind it has remained the same: to help the next generation of great, world-conquering companies forward. Know SLUSH.